Welcome to Anthony ...
Although we found mention of Anthony during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Anthony was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Anthony to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anthony, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Anthony might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Anthony would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Anthony ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 16 communities that are also named Anthony - they are located in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas (2), West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Anthony.
Communities near Anthony ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Anthony.
- Iroquois Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shillington
- Shillington lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Anthony
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shillington came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shillington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Shillington<4>
- Val Gagne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Val Gagne
- Val Gagne lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Anthony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Val Gagne
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belleek
- Belleek lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Anthony
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Belleek. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belleek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monteith
- Monteith lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Anthony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monteith
- Vimy Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy Ridge
- Vimy Ridge lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Anthony
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vimy Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelso
- Kelso lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Anthony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelso
- McIntosh Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McIntosh Springs
- McIntosh Springs lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Anthony
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McIntosh Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McIntosh Springs
- Porquis Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Porquis Junction
- Porquis Junction lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Anthony
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Porquis Junction
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Anthony ...
Looking for more information about Anthony? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Anthony, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Anthony.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Anthony and then turned west". While Anthony could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Anthony as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Anthony could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Anthony) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Anthony. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Anthony
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anthony. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5381, Longitude: -80.5936
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|