Welcome to Amaranth Station ...
Although we found mention of Amaranth Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Amaranth Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Amaranth Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Amaranth Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Amaranth Station: Amaranth Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Amaranth Station might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Amaranth Station would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities near Amaranth Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Amaranth Station.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caledon
- Caledon lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the east of Amaranth Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caledon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caledon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Caledon<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mono
- Mono lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Amaranth Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mono came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mono
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mono<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reading
- Reading lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Amaranth Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Reading came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reading
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marsville
- Marsville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Amaranth Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marsville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marsville
- Prices Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prices Corner
- Prices Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Amaranth Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prices Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tarbert
- Tarbert lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Amaranth Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tarbert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tarbert
- Blacks Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blacks Corners
- Blacks Corners lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Amaranth Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blacks Corners
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Amaranth Station ...
Looking for more information about Amaranth Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Amaranth Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Amaranth Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Ontario Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Amaranth Station and then turned east". While Amaranth Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Amaranth Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Amaranth Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Amaranth Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Amaranth Station. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Amaranth StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Amaranth Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9028, Longitude: -80.2356 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|