Welcome to Alexo ...
Although we found mention of Alexo during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Alexo was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Alexo to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alexo, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Alexo might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Alexo would be found within the (705) and (249)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Alexo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Alexo - it's located in Alberta.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alexo.
Communities near Alexo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alexo.
- Iroquois Falls
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wings
- Wings lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Alexo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wings came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wings
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Connaught
- Connaught lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Connaught
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monteith
- Monteith lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monteith
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Nellie Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nellie Lake
- Nellie Lake lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Alexo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nellie Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nellie Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ansonville
- Ansonville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ansonville
- Val Gagne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Val Gagne
- Val Gagne lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Val Gagne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montrock
- Montrock lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montrock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Devonshire
- Devonshire lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the north of Alexo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Devonshire came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Devonshire
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dugwal
- Dugwal lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Alexo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dugwal
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alexo ...
Looking for more information about Alexo? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alexo, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alexo.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Alexo and then turned east". While Alexo could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Alexo as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Alexo could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (249) is an overlay for area code (705).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alexo) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6675, Longitude: -80.8181
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|