Welcome to Yorke Settlement ...
Although we found mention of Yorke Settlement during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Yorke Settlement was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Yorke Settlement to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Yorke Settlement, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Yorke Settlement might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Yorke Settlement would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Yorke Settlement ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Yorke Settlement.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirkhill
- Kirkhill lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Yorke Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirkhill
- North Greville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Greville
- North Greville lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Yorke Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Greville
- Port Greville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ward's Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ward's Brook
- Ward's Brook lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Yorke Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ward's Brook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ward's Brook
- West Bay
- Harrison Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrison Settlement
- Harrison Settlement lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Yorke Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrison Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrison Settlement
- Lake Road Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Road Corner
- Lake Road Corner lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Yorke Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lake Road Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Road Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakelands
- Lakelands lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Yorke Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakelands
- Halfway River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halfway River
- Halfway River lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Yorke Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halfway River
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Yorke Settlement ...
Looking for more information about Yorke Settlement? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Yorke Settlement, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Yorke Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Yorke Settlement and then turned east". While Yorke Settlement could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Yorke Settlement as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Yorke Settlement could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Yorke Settlement) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Yorke Settlement. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Yorke SettlementOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Yorke Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4325, Longitude: -64.4547 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|