Welcome to Oxford ...
The town of Oxford was established in 1791.
Oxford is 50 feet [15 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Oxford lies in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
Oxford is located in the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Oxford: B0M<2>
Websites for Oxford ...
Official Website: www.town.oxford.ns.ca/
Communities Also Named Oxford ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 40 communities that are also named Oxford - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho (2), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Louisiana (2), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts (2), Michigan, Mississippi (2), Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York (2), North Carolina, Ohio (2), Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas (2), Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oxford.
Communities near Oxford ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Oxford.
- Little River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little River
- Little River lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Oxford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little River
- River Philip
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for River Philip
- River Philip lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the south of Oxford
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for River Philip. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on River Philip
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roslin
- Roslin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Oxford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Roslin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roslin
- Thomson Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thomson Station
- Thomson Station lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Oxford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thomson Station came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thomson Station
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claremont
- Claremont lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Oxford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Claremont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claremont
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenville
- Glenville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Oxford
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Glenville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hansford
- Hansford lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Oxford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hansford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mansfield
- Mansfield lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northwest of Oxford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mansfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mansfield
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Oxford ...
Looking for more information about Oxford? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Oxford, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Oxford.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Oxford: www.town.oxford.ns.ca/
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Oxford - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Oxford). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Oxford or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Oxford) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oxford. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oxford
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oxford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7363, Longitude: -63.8674
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|