Welcome to Lower Shinimicas ...
Although we found mention of Lower Shinimicas during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lower Shinimicas was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lower Shinimicas to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lower Shinimicas, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lower Shinimicas might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Lower Shinimicas would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Lower Shinimicas ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lower Shinimicas.
- Port Elgin
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Amherst Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Head
- Amherst Head lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Lower Shinimicas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Head
- Amherst Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Shore
- Amherst Shore lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Lower Shinimicas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Lower Shinimicas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beckwith
- Beckwith lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Lower Shinimicas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beckwith came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beckwith
- Beecham Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beecham Settlement
- Beecham Settlement lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Lower Shinimicas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beecham Settlement came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beecham Settlement
- Heather Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heather Beach
- Heather Beach lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Lower Shinimicas
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heather Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heather Beach
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lower Shinimicas ...
Looking for more information about Lower Shinimicas? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lower Shinimicas, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lower Shinimicas.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lower Shinimicas and then turned east". While Lower Shinimicas could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lower Shinimicas as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lower Shinimicas could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lower Shinimicas) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lower Shinimicas. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lower ShinimicasOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lower Shinimicas. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9053, Longitude: -63.8972 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|