Welcome to Lloyds ...
Although we found mention of Lloyds during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lloyds was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lloyds to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lloyds, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lloyds might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Lloyds would be found within the (902) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Lloyds: B0P<2>
Communities Also Named Lloyds ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Lloyds - they are located in Alabama, Maryland and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lloyds.
Communities near Lloyds ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lloyds.
- Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingston - Greenwood
- Kingston - Greenwood lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kingston - Greenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingston - Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wolfville
- Wolfville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the east of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wolfville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolfville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wolfville<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- New Ross 20
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Ross 20
- New Ross 20 lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Ross 20 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Ross 20
- Berwick West
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berwick West
- Berwick West lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Lloyds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berwick West
- Brooklyn Street
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brooklyn Street
- Brooklyn Street lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brooklyn Street came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brooklyn Street
- Casey Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casey Corner
- Casey Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Casey Corner came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casey Corner
- Cornwallis Square
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornwallis Square
- Cornwallis Square lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Lloyds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornwallis Square
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Windermere
- Windermere lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Lloyds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Windermere came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windermere
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lloyds ...
Looking for more information about Lloyds? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lloyds, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lloyds.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lloyds and then turned west". While Lloyds could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lloyds as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lloyds could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Lloyds, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lloyds). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lloyds or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lloyds) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lloyds. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lloyds
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lloyds. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0197, Longitude: -64.6456
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|