Welcome to Lake Midway ...
Although we found mention of Lake Midway during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Lake Midway was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Lake Midway to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Lake Midway, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Lake Midway: Lk. Midway
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Lake Midway might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Lake Midway would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Lake Midway ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lake Midway.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ashmore
- Ashmore lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Lake Midway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashmore
- Gilberts Cove
- Mink Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mink Cove
- Mink Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Lake Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mink Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mink Cove
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- New Edinburgh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Edinburgh
- New Edinburgh lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Lake Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Edinburgh came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Edinburgh
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Edinburgh<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rossway
- Rossway lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Lake Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rossway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rossway
- Weymouth North
- Gullivers Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gullivers Cove
- Gullivers Cove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Lake Midway
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gullivers Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gullivers Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barton
- Barton lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Lake Midway
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lake Midway ...
Looking for more information about Lake Midway? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lake Midway, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lake Midway.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Nova Scotia Community
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Lake Midway and then turned east". While Lake Midway could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Lake Midway as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Lake Midway could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lake Midway) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lake Midway. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5317, Longitude: -66.0389 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|