Our Genealogy Helper for D'Escousse ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about D'Escousse (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for D'Escousse. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to D'Escousse:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near D'Escousse ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of D'Escousse.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for D'Escousse covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. John's Anglican Cemetery
- St. Joseph Parish Cemetery
- West Arichat Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the West Arichat Cemetery
- West Arichat Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of D'Escousse.
- West Arichat Cemetery has also been known as:
- Immaculate Conception Parish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Arichat Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2365426<1>
- Holy Guardian Angels Parish Cemetery
- Holy Guardian Angels Cemetery
- Grand River Presbyterian Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Lime Hill Cemetery
- All Saints Anglican Church Cemetery
- Fourth Hill Cemetery
- Old Canso Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old Canso Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Old Canso Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Old Canso Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of D'Escousse.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Canso Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2364245<1>
- Star of the Sea Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Star of the Sea Cemetery
- Star of the Sea Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of D'Escousse.
- Star of the Sea Cemetery has also been known as:
- Star of the Sea RC Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star of the Sea Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2303080<1>
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Chapel Hill Cemetery
- Southbrook Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Southbrook Cemetery
- Southbrook Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of D'Escousse.
- Southbrook Cemetery has also been known as:
- South Brook Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southbrook Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2517615<1>
- St. Francis Harbour RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Francis Harbour RC Cemetery
- St. Francis Harbour RC Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of D'Escousse.
- St. Francis Harbour RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Catholic Church of St. Francis of Assisi
- St. Francis Harbour Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Francis Harbour RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around D'Escousse. See our List of 1890's Communities around D'Escousse.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for D'Escousse. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- D'Escousse) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for D'Escousse. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from D'Escousse
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in D'Escousse. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5833, Longitude: -60.9667
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|