Welcome to Cheticamp Flats ...
Although we found mention of Cheticamp Flats during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cheticamp Flats was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cheticamp Flats to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cheticamp Flats, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Cheticamp Flats: Cheticamp Flts.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cheticamp Flats might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Cheticamp Flats would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Cheticamp Flats ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cheticamp Flats.
- South Ingonish Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Ingonish Harbour
- South Ingonish Harbour lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the east of Cheticamp Flats
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Ingonish Harbour
- Ingonish Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ingonish Beach
- Ingonish Beach lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Cheticamp Flats
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ingonish Beach
- Ingonish Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ingonish Centre
- Ingonish Centre lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Cheticamp Flats
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ingonish Centre
- Birch Plain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Plain
- Birch Plain lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Cheticamp Flats
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Plain
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ingonish Ferry
- Wreck Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wreck Cove
- Wreck Cove lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Cheticamp Flats
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wreck Cove
- Skir Dhu
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skir Dhu
- Skir Dhu lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Cheticamp Flats
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Skir Dhu came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skir Dhu
- Breton Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Breton Cove
- Breton Cove lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Cheticamp Flats
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Breton Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Breton Cove
- Pleasant Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pleasant Bay
- Pleasant Bay lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Cheticamp Flats
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pleasant Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pleasant Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pleasant Bay<3>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cheticamp Flats ...
Looking for more information about Cheticamp Flats? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cheticamp Flats, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cheticamp Flats.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cheticamp Flats and then turned east". While Cheticamp Flats could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cheticamp Flats as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cheticamp Flats could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cheticamp Flats) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cheticamp Flats. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.6367, Longitude: -60.6414
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|