Our Genealogy Helper for Central Grove ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Central Grove (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Central Grove. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Central Grove ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Central Grove: Central Grv.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Central Grove:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from New Brunswick
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Central Grove ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Central Grove.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Central Grove covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Tiverton Cemetery
- Hilltop Cemetery
- Brookside Cemetery
- Valley Cemetery
- Gower Ruggles Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Gower Ruggles Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Gower Ruggles Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Gower Ruggles Family Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Central Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gower Ruggles Family Cemetery
- Hilltop Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hilltop Cemetery
- Hilltop Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Central Grove.
- Hilltop Cemetery has also been known as:
- Westport Cemetery
- Westport Hilltop Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilltop Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2294664<1>
- Continue List ...
- Wood Side Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wood Side Cemetery
- Wood Side Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Central Grove.
- Wood Side Cemetery has also been known as:
- Woodside Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wood Side Cemetery
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- Stella Maris Catholic Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery
- Sandy Cove Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sandy Cove Baptist Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Sandy Cove Baptist Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Sandy Cove Baptist Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Central Grove.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandy Cove Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2585672<1>
- Sandy Cove Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sandy Cove Cemetery
- Sandy Cove Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Central Grove.
- Sandy Cove Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sandy Cove United Zion Church Cemetery
- Zion United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandy Cove Cemetery
- Weymouth Church of Christ Cemetery
- St. Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Riverside Baptist Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Riverside Baptist Cemetery
- The Riverside Baptist Cemetery is located outside and to the northwest of Weymouth North.To be more accurate, Riverside Baptist Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Central Grove.
- Riverside Baptist Cemetery has also been known as:
- Riverside Baptist Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverside Baptist Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2212252<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Central Grove. See our List of 1890's Communities around Central Grove.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Central Grove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Central Grove) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Central Grove. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Central Grove
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Central Grove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.3414, Longitude: -66.2619