Welcome to Cape Smokey ...
Although we found mention of Cape Smokey during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cape Smokey was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cape Smokey to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cape Smokey, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cape Smokey might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Cape Smokey would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Cape Smokey ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cape Smokey.
- Ingonish Centre
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ingonish Centre
- Ingonish Centre lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Cape Smokey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ingonish Centre
- Wreck Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wreck Cove
- Wreck Cove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Cape Smokey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wreck Cove
- Birch Plain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Birch Plain
- Birch Plain lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Cape Smokey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Birch Plain
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Skir Dhu
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skir Dhu
- Skir Dhu lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Cape Smokey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Skir Dhu came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skir Dhu
- Breton Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Breton Cove
- Breton Cove lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Cape Smokey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Breton Cove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Breton Cove
- Neils Harbour
- New Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Haven
- New Haven lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Cape Smokey
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Haven
- Indian Brook
- Smelt Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smelt Brook
- Smelt Brook lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the north of Cape Smokey
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Smelt Brook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smelt Brook
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cape Smokey ...
Looking for more information about Cape Smokey? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cape Smokey, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cape Smokey.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cape Smokey and then turned west". While Cape Smokey could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cape Smokey as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cape Smokey could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cape Smokey) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cape Smokey. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.6075, Longitude: -60.3983
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|