Welcome to Cape John ...
Although we found mention of Cape John during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cape John was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cape John to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cape John, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cape John might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Cape John would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Cape John ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cape John.
- Brook Road
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brook Road
- Brook Road lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brook Road
- Brule Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brule Corner
- Brule Corner lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule Corner
- Brule Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brule Point
- Brule Point lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seafoam
- Seafoam lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Cape John
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seafoam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seafoam
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seafoam<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Brule Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brule Shore
- Brule Shore lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brule
- Brule lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brule
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Middleton
- Middleton lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Middleton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hodson
- Hodson lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Cape John
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hodson came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hodson
- Malagash Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Malagash Point
- Malagash Point lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the west of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Malagash Point
- Blue Sea Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Sea Corner
- Blue Sea Corner lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Cape John
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Sea Corner
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cape John ...
Looking for more information about Cape John? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Cape John, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Cape John.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cape John and then turned west". While Cape John could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cape John as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cape John could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cape John) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cape John. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7900, Longitude: -63.0989
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|