Welcome to Cape Dauphin ...
Although we found mention of Cape Dauphin during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Cape Dauphin was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Cape Dauphin to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cape Dauphin, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Cape Dauphin might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Cape Dauphin would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Cape Dauphin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cape Dauphin.
- Sydney Mines
- New Waterford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Waterford
- New Waterford lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the east of Cape Dauphin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for New Waterford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Waterford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for New Waterford<3>
- Dalem Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dalem Lake
- Dalem Lake lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Cape Dauphin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dalem Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dalem Lake
- Alder Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alder Point
- Alder Point lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Cape Dauphin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alder Point
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hillside Boularderie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillside Boularderie
- Hillside Boularderie lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Cape Dauphin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillside Boularderie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillside Boularderie
- Indian Brook
- New Harris
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Harris
- New Harris lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Cape Dauphin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Harris
- Point Aconi
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Point Aconi
- Point Aconi lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Cape Dauphin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Point Aconi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Point Aconi
- Boularderie Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boularderie Island
- Boularderie Island lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the south of Cape Dauphin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boularderie Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boularderie Island
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cape Dauphin ...
Looking for more information about Cape Dauphin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cape Dauphin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cape Dauphin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Cape Dauphin and then turned west". While Cape Dauphin could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Cape Dauphin as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Cape Dauphin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cape Dauphin) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cape Dauphin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.3289, Longitude: -60.4192
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|