Welcome to Beecham Settlement ...
Although we found mention of Beecham Settlement during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Beecham Settlement was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Beecham Settlement to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Beecham Settlement, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Beecham Settlement might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Beecham Settlement would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Beecham Settlement ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Beecham Settlement.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville
- Sackville lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Beecham Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sackville<3>
- Sackville Parish
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sackville Parish
- Sackville Parish lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Beecham Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sackville Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sackville Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Port Elgin
- Amherst Shore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Shore
- Amherst Shore lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Beecham Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Shore
- Amherst Head
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amherst Head
- Amherst Head lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Beecham Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amherst Head
- Baie Verte
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baie Verte
- Baie Verte lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Beecham Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baie Verte came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baie Verte
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Baie Verte<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayside
- Bayside lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the north of Beecham Settlement
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayside
- Upper Cape
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Upper Cape
- Upper Cape lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Beecham Settlement
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Upper Cape came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Upper Cape
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Beecham Settlement ...
Looking for more information about Beecham Settlement? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Beecham Settlement, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Beecham Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Beecham Settlement and then turned west". While Beecham Settlement could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Beecham Settlement as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Beecham Settlement could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beecham Settlement) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beecham Settlement. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Beecham SettlementOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beecham Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.9631, Longitude: -63.9944 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|