Welcome to Beckwith ...
Although we found mention of Beckwith during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Beckwith was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Beckwith to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Beckwith, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Beckwith might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Beckwith would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities Also Named Beckwith ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 10 communities that are also named Beckwith - they are located in California, Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ontario, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Beckwith.
Communities near Beckwith ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Beckwith.
- Port Elgin
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Heather Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heather Beach
- Heather Beach lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Beckwith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Heather Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heather Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kolbec
- Kolbec lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Beckwith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kolbec came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kolbec
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the north of Beckwith
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Port Philip
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Philip
- Port Philip lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Beckwith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Philip came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Philip
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Port Philip<3>
- Cameron Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cameron Beach
- Cameron Beach lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Beckwith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cameron Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cameron Beach
- East Linden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Linden
- East Linden lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Beckwith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Linden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Linden
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Beckwith ...
Looking for more information about Beckwith? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Beckwith, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Beckwith.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Beckwith and then turned east". While Beckwith could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Beckwith as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Beckwith could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beckwith) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beckwith. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Beckwith
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beckwith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.8306, Longitude: -63.8231
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|