Our Genealogy Helper for Barr Settlement ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Barr Settlement (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Barr Settlement. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Barr Settlement:
- Websites specific to Nova Scotia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Nova Scotia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Nova Scotia
Cemeteries Near Barr Settlement ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Barr Settlement.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Barr Settlement covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- East Gore Cemetery
- Gore Cemetery
- Kennetcook Cemetery
- Rawdon Hills United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rawdon Hills United Church Cemetery
- Rawdon Hills United Church Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Barr Settlement.
- Rawdon Hills United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Upper Rawdon United Church Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rawdon Hills United Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2340407<2>
- White's Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the White's Cemetery
- White's Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Barr Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White's Cemetery
- Noel Road Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Noel Road Cemetery
- Noel Road Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Barr Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noel Road Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- West Gore Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Church Cemetery
- North Noel Road Cemetery
- Hardwoodlands Cemetery
- St. Paul's Anglican Church Cemetery
- Noel Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Noel Cemetery
- Noel Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Barr Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noel Cemetery
- Admiral Rock United Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Admiral Rock United Church Cemetery
- Admiral Rock United Church Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Barr Settlement.
- Admiral Rock United Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- Admiral Rock Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral Rock United Church Cemetery
- Noel Shore Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Noel Shore Cemetery
- Noel Shore Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Barr Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noel Shore Cemetery
- Densmore Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Densmore Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Densmore Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Densmore Family Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Barr Settlement.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Densmore Family Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Barr Settlement. See our List of 1890's Communities around Barr Settlement.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Barr Settlement. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Barr Settlement) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barr Settlement. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barr Settlement
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barr Settlement. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1383, Longitude: -63.6336
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|