Welcome to Allains Creek ...
Although we found mention of Allains Creek during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Allains Creek was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Allains Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allains Creek, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Allains Creek: Allains Crk. (or less commonly used: Allains Ck. or Allains Cr.)
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Allains Creek for more information about variations on the name of Allains Creek.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Allains Creek might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Allains Creek would be found within the (902) area code.
Communities near Allains Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allains Creek.
- Bear River 6
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear River 6
- Bear River 6 lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Allains Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear River 6 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear River 6
- Lake La Rose
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake La Rose
- Lake La Rose lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Allains Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lake La Rose came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake La Rose
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Delaps Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delaps Cove
- Delaps Cove lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Allains Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delaps Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsburn
- Hillsburn lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Allains Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Karsdale
- Karsdale lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the west of Allains Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Karsdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Karsdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Litchfield
- Litchfield lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Allains Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Litchfield came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Litchfield
- Cornwallis Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cornwallis Park
- Cornwallis Park lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Allains Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cornwallis Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cornwallis Park
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Allains Creek ...
Looking for more information about Allains Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Allains Creek, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Allains Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Nova Scotia
About Nova Scotia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Allains Creek and then turned west". While Allains Creek could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Allains Creek as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Allains Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Allains Creek) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allains Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7239, Longitude: -65.5375 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|