Welcome to Allison ...
Although we found mention of Allison during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Allison was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Allison to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allison, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Allison might be (or was) located is in the Atlantic Time Zone (AST/ADT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: AST- Heure Normale de l'Atlantique (HNA), ADT- Heure Avancée de l'Atlantique (HAA).
We believe that Allison would be found within the (506) area code.
Communities Also Named Allison ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Allison - they are located in Alabama (2), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico (2), North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Texas (3), Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Allison.
Communities near Allison ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allison.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the east of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dieppe<3>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riverview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the east of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Riverview<3>
- Moncton Parish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moncton Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moncton Parish
- Moncton Parish lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moncton Parish
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Memramcook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Memramcook
- Memramcook lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Memramcook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Memramcook<3>
- Salisbury Parish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Salisbury Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salisbury Parish
- Salisbury Parish lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the west of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salisbury Parish
- Hillsborough Parish
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hillsborough Parish came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hillsborough Parish
- Hillsborough Parish lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Allison
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsborough Parish
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Allison ...
Looking for more information about Allison? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Allison, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Allison.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in New Brunswick
About New Brunswick
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of New Brunswick: https://www.gnb.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Allison and then turned east". While Allison could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Allison as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Allison could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Allison) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allison. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Allison
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allison. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0667, Longitude: -64.9167
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|