A visit to the Greenridge Cemetery ...
The location of the Greenridge Cemetery has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<1>
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Greenridge Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Greenridge Cemetery
The Greenridge Cemetery is located in Garfield County<2>.
The county seat for Garfield County is located in Jordan. Jordan lies just to the south southwest of the Greenridge Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Greenridge Cemetery
Lat: 47.3389° (47° 20' 20")
Lon: -106.8953° (-106° 53' 43")
Note: The GPS location that we are using for the Greenridge Cemetery can be traced back to the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS)
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Greenridge Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Montana:
- Pages specific to Garfield County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Greenridge Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Montana
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 3 communities are within 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> of the Greenridge Cemetery.
- Brusett [Garfield County]
- Cohagen [Garfield County]
- Jordan [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jordan
- Jordan [Garfield County] lies less than 2 miles<3> to the southwest of Greenridge Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 389 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jordan<4>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Greenridge Cemetery. The following communities are located in Garfield County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Greenridge Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Greenridge Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
All of the following cemeteries are located in Garfield County.
- Butte Creek Cemetery [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Butte Creek Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Butte Creek Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Butte Creek Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northwest of Greenridge Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Butte Creek Cemetery
- Cohagen Cemetery [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cohagen Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Cohagen Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Cohagen Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Greenridge Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cohagen Cemetery
- Hinther Cemetery [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hinther Cemetery
- Hinther Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Greenridge Cemetery.
- Hinther Cemetery has also been known as:
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hinther Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #20920<5>
- Pioneer Cemetery [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pioneer Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Pioneer Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pioneer Cemetery
- Steve Forks Cemetery [Garfield County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Steve Forks Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Steve Forks Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<1> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Steve Forks Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the west of Greenridge Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Steve Forks Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Greenridge Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #771980 (Greenridge Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #771980 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Jordan
- County: Garfield Elev: 825
- Location given for GNIS #771980 (Greenridge Cemetery)
- Lat: 47.3388898 Lon: -106.8953435
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Montana Community
About Garfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Garfield, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Greenridge Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.3389, Longitude: -106.8953 In this case, the coordinates for the Greenridge Cemetery have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|