Census Data for Bettles Field ...
Although we found mention of Bettles Field during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
One piece of information that we would especially like to find is the location (ie- GPS coordinates) of Bettles Field. If you can help us locate Bettles Field, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Bettles Field has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Bettles Field, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
Miscellaneous Information for Bettles Field ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Bettles Field:
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 06740 (Bettles Field)
- State & Place Code: 02/06740 (Alaska / Bettles Field)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Bettles Field is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Bettles Field, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Bettles Field. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Bettles Field:99726<2>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Bettles Field.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Bettles Field and then turned west". While Bettles Field could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Bettles Field as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bettles Field could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Alaska community named Bettles Field.
|<2>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Bettles Field or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|