Anchor Bay Gardens, Michigan
So far, we have found very little information about Anchor Bay Gardens. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Anchor Bay Gardens to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anchor Bay Gardens, please Contact Us.
- About Anchor Bay Gardens
- Anchor Bay Gardens is historic and would have been located within present day Macomb County (Michigan).
Our Pages for Anchor Bay Gardens ...
|-profile || General information about Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-nearby || What's in the neighborhood around Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-bycounty || Nearest communities to Anchor Bay Gardens (By-County) |
|-census || Census information for Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-tidbits || Tidbits and trivia about Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-genealogy || Our Genealogy Helper for Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-cemeteries || Cemeteries in the area of Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-localpapers || Newspapers published in the immediate area of Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-newspapers || Newspapers published in a broader area around Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-summary || Summarized information |
|-map || Interactive map centered on Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-tripmap || TripAdvisor Tourism pages |
|-misc || Miscellaneous information |
|-wishlist || Things we would like to know about Anchor Bay Gardens |
|-glossary || This page... |
Glossary and Definitions ...
- FIPS Codes
- In the past, the federal government created a set of codes that are used to uniquely identify States, Counties and Populated Places (such as a community like Anchor Bay Gardens). These codes form the Federal Information Processing Standard. (specifically FIPS Document 55-3).
The State Code consists of two digits, the County Code consists of three digits and the Place Code consists of five digits. The County and Place Codes must be used together with the State Code to be truly unique.
For example, the following codes apply to the community of Anchor Bay Gardens:
- State Code: 26 (Michigan)
- State / County Code: 26 / 099 (Macomb County)
- State / Place Code: 26 / 02080
The FIPS Codes have been replaced by an ANSI standard and the GNIS Feature ID. Although obsolete, the FIPS Codes are still in use by some organizations.
For more information about the FIPS Codes, please visit our Misc Page for Anchor Bay Gardens.
- GNIS Codes
- The function of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN) is to establish uniform names for geographic features (eg- communities, mountains, lakes, rivers, streams, etc). The BGN was created to address the problems caused by spelling and naming variations. BGN–accepted names are kept in a database called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS), which is operated and maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).
A unique and permanent identifier has been assigned for each feature in the GNIS database. These names and identifiers are definitive.
Anchor Bay Gardens has been given the GNIS Feature ID of '620078'. Click here to see the GNIS Record for Anchor Bay Gardens.
- Historic Community
- We use the term 'historic' broadly and in our Gazetteer, it generally means that the community no longer exists. That said, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past.
If we can be more specific, then you'll see either:
- 'Ghost Town' to indicate that while some ruins are in the vicinity of where the community once stood, the community no longer exists. Being a Ghost Town does not mean that people no longer live or conduct business in the area. When visiting a Ghost Town, please be sure to respect private property.
- 'Shadow Town' to indicate that the community was much larger in the past and while some people may continue to live there, the community is a shadow of its past.
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Anchor Bay Gardens, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
- Return to Citation